03 May, 2010

I see the moon, the moon sees me...

....down through the leaves of the old oak tree. Please let the light that shines on me shine on the one I love!

Josiah taught me that song this weekend.
I was right. I do regret writing that blog. But I think maybe it is important to leave it there, because in 8 years when I read all these over again, I can remember last weekend. Because there were so many GOOD things about last weekend!

Anyways...
Yesterday Josiah and I and Elle all came to my parents' house. Well, first we went to church and (Josiah and myself) we saw my parents. My dad gave me a hug and I started crying in his shoulder. My mom gave me and J hugs and then my dad bought us donuts and we sat and chilled in the cafe at Constance. Then after that, (we skipped church. oops!) we went to my parents' house and Grant dropped Elle off. After a while, my parents talked to Josiah and me. We talked about everything and ended up getting in the same page. And they gave him their blessing and permission to date me... (!!!) Which is so exciting. I feel so much lifted off my chest, and it feels good to be open and have them knowing everything and everyone is on the same page.
The other night J and myself talked to Sharon in J&R's basement. She told us how she felt as well. And she said that Josiah absolutely needs to have a solid relationship with my dad... And that's what he is working on.
A lot of people have their opinions and when it comes right down to it, they are very valid opinions. But.. Josiah and myself are in prayer about our relationship and how to handle ourselves.. How to raise Elle, how to handle her and love her. And when push comes to shove, we feel like our decision is between us and God. And what is right for us may be weird for someone else... But- I believe that as long as we stay in prayer and really continue to seek God's will for us, we will be fine!!!!
I just want to present everything, all my frustrations, all my thoughts and feelings and emotions and actions to God right now.
Please help me to be the best parent I can right now and focus on things that matter. Help me to have my priorities straight. Thank you so much for loving me and forgiving us when we screw up. Thank you for your grace and for the way you take things and make them turn out so well!
Thank you for giving us the ability to love each other. Thank you for giving me such a great family and for giving me such a caring person who I get to spend the rest of my life with! thank you for EVERYTHING and please help me not to take it for granted.

My heart if so full right now...
Full of contentment and full of happiness, full of sureness that everything is going to work out great!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment