06 May, 2010

CAUTION: Cliffs and boulders ahead. Proceed with caution.

... I KNOW there will be obstacles in my life.. In the path I choose to walk. I KNOW there will be times I question the path I went. But I want to choose the path that honors God and that will show what my priorities are. Lastnight my mom and I were talking about my priorities and my desire for life and she said that she aw that I made a full circle... I have my priorities straight.
I don't need a beautiful house. I don't need the nicest, best car. I don't need materialistic things. I am not bringing those to heaven. Over and over again, God blesses me. I literally have 26 cents in my checking account right now, and God is just providing ways to have money for me. He gave me a beautiful daughter who is SO SO SO much fun to be around and so much fun to teach and talk to and read to. And laugh with.... God DEFINITELY made "laughing".. Because her laugh brings me so much joy. The other night it was probably around 11 and I hadn't put her to bed because she had woken up late from a nap... And we were in my parent's kitchen just LAUGHING... We couldn't stop!! It was a night I won't forget.
God has also blessed me with a family who cares about and loves me so much.. They are always there no matter what, and I can go to anyone at any time and they will help me out.
And a boyfriend who will be my husband someday (hopefully!!!). He has such a Godly heart. He truly wants to serve God with me for the rest of his life.... And honor my dad... But not only that, he is FUN! The funnest person I have ever met.. By far! And the cool thing, is my parents can see it. And his FAMILY... God blessed me with getting to know his family. They are such a great family and (even my mom said) they will make amazing in-laws someday.
ANYWAYS... God has blessed me with all these things and more! A dog.. A house. A car. A heart that realizes all these things..

In my life, I just want to make Him happy. I want to have fun doing it, too! I might end up homeschooling my children. Not having the "perfect" better homes and gardens house. Not having a prada bag, or a brand new car off the showroom floor, or that new flatscreen 10' by 10' tv everyone is raving about. BUT on the other hand, I get the time with my family. And time with the Lord. And I get time to enjoy the blessings He has given me.
I was reading in this recipe book about priorities and this teacher had this glass jar and put a golfballs in it and asked the class if it was full. They said YES. Then he put pebbles in it... And then asked if it was full.. They said YES. He then put sone sand in there to fill the spaces between the pebbles and gold balls. And asked if they thought it was full.. They said YES! Then he put two cups of coffee in the jar and it was filled to the top.. the professor then went on to explain that all the elements in that jar were ourpriorities.. And the golf balls were supposed to be God, family, loved ones, etc... (and fun!!!) And the pebbles were the little things that don't matter as much but are necessary.. Such as work, payments, etc... The sand was those things that we need to fit in the spaces between the important things... TV and stuff that shouldn't be a priority. And then the professor said that if we were to put the priorities in backwards, (doing the not important things first) we wouldn't have any place to fit the big things (golf balls) such as God and familytime, in our lives..
Then some kid asked "what was the coffee for?" And the professor said with a smile, "It is to remind us that it doesn't hurt to have a couple cups of cofee with friends once in a while!"

It really put things into perspective for me. I think I finally have most of my priorities straight. Just keep praying that I continue to have this!
I mean I know somedays there will be obstacles and it will be hard to keep things right, but I feel like I am on the right track to doing so a majority of the time... Ya know?
And that's all anyone can ask for..

No comments:

Post a Comment