07 May, 2010

The Site Manager

I was reading an article from Focus on the Family and Rose Kennedy once said, " I looked on child rearing not only as a work of love and duty but as a profession that demanded the best I could bring to it."

I think Rose is RIGHT. Learning slowly, reflecting on my life since Elle, I learn that REAL bonding is something that happens at home... Not at church, not at school, (which is in her near future...) not anywhere but home... It's where Elle is going to learn to trust, and how to handle relationships. Just the other day, my mom was commenting on Josiah's family and saying what a "great home family he comes from". (Something along those words.. Not verbatim though) It goes to show that a child learns how to act, how to have relationships, how to trust, how to love... from the home life. It is where Elle is going to learn who she is.
Home is the place we go every night and home is the place where we find comfort. (most people) Home serves as a protector from the ugly world and all its entirety.

I have been thinking a lot... And what better job than to be the person who is at home... To give time and evergy and care to each person in the house... Individually and together. Each child is going to have their own thoughts and talents and struggles... And what better job than to KNOW my children!?
A good analogy I read this morning in "The value of Stay-At-Hme moms" is that on a construction site, there is always a site manager. He or she is an on-site leader, and their job is to make sure everything runs smoothly... Jobs are getting done, blue prints are being followed, and basically people are doing what they need to do. They communicate with the general contractor about how things are being done and how to do things better and how to make the whole job run more smoothly. That should be like the jobs of the parents... Although only one can be there at all times, (pending financial situations and desires work in this direction) they both can talk and confer with each other. And I believe it is good to have one home at all times. If both parents want to work, that's fine. I don't judge it. But for myself, I am slowly realizing that I want to be the Site manager... And my future husband can be like the general contractor... (Because he isn't going to be there all the time... Working and all)

I just have a new-found respect for women who stay at home..

No comments:

Post a Comment