04 May, 2010

My daughter is growing up....

This morning Elle finally asked it... "Mommy, can I have big girl panties?"
I think she is growing way faster than I have realized. I am wondering if I have done the best job I could. I only have another two years or 1 1/2 to help train her personality... I read on a few sources that children's personalities are shaped by the time they are 5. And I don't have that much time! I guess I am just going to go about training her in prayer. And with reverence to God I will just keep the mindset that she isn't even my own- she is God's child and He let me be a glass to her from Him.. I am just a stepping stone in her (hopefully) end point of surrendering to Him as her father and savior. I guess that is the mindset I need to have...

Anyways, it was really cool (and scary!) to see her growing up a little more this morning...

1 comment:

  1. I meant she is growing up WAY faster.... Not "was" faster.. haha!

    ReplyDelete