28 June, 2010

Thanksgiving... In June?

... I am so thankful that my parents raised me the way they did. I am thankful for their teachings, though I didn't always agree with them.. I am thankful for the discipline I received from them, though I didn't EVER like it. I never understood a parents love for their children until I had my own.

Some parents abuse their children in ways I can't even fathom... But my parents usually kept their cool with me and held patience to an extent. Some parents don't even say "I love you" everyday to their children... But mine showed me their love through spending time with me, reading to me, going to my after-school activities, and being there to talk to when I needed them.

I only hope I can be as good of a parents to Elle as they were and still are to me. Tonight I taught Elle about how Jesus made different parts of our bodies to do different things. (Eyes to see, hands to feel things, etc...) And she was really listening... And she absorbed it too, because she was copying things I did with my hands and eyes on her own hands and eyes...

I hope that I can be such a parent as mine are... They pour so much love out to me and my brother and sister....

No comments:

Post a Comment