04 November, 2010

Moments Unrehearsed

Tonight we had a watercolor paint party in the dining room. It was magical. It is undoubtedly my pride and joy to see two little girls' faces light up when we get the colors out. I know there is so much creativity in their minds. We started on the paper... Then it migrated to the faces.. Then the hair.. Then the arms. Finally all over their shirts. But I didn't care. It's those unrehearsed, random moments.. The unplanned, unorganized, sometimes downright messy times that bring so much joy to life. And I praise God for letting me experience that. Just watching them giggle and paint each other.. (And the parents paint the girls.. haha) And watching their paint strokes on the pages, even if half of it is just water and no color is getting on the page.. It doesn't matter. It is so wonderful. And I have no doubt in my mind that God made me to be a mother.

To be able to just watch these girls and play with them and see how carefree they are.. It teaches me lessons- it's not about doing everything right or being neat all the time, (sometimes I need that reminder!) but about using imagination and creativity and sometimes that means letting loose on my own ideas of how a "playtime" should look like.. And letting them take control over it.. They come up with a lot better ideas than I do!
Thank you, Jesus for children and their imaginations. And their creativity. And for opening my heart to not only teach them, but to be able to learn from them too.



No comments:

Post a Comment