21 November, 2010

God's hand of protection

Lastnight I was driving back to my home in Weyerhaeuser, WI (a YWAM Base) and I was in the car with El. It was around 730 and I was going 55 on a two lane road. All the sudden a deer came in my lane from my right. And it poceeded to go rom my lane to the one with oncoming traffic. There happened to be a 4 door full size pickup heading right toward it. The truck driver swerved to miss the deer, and ended up in my lane. All I could think was "I am going to be dead. El is going to die." (She was behind me in her carseat.. And my mom had TOLD me that it was very unsafe for her to be behind me because of head on collisions. )

The truck got within a foot of my car. I was still going 55 mph (I assume he was too) I did NOT move my hands from the positions they were in. But within milliseconds my car was headed toward the ditch and then it was out of the ditch... A steep ditch. One that a car would have normally flipped over heading out of at such an angle at 55 mph. And guess what? We came back on to the road. In one piece. And I felt this warm feeling... From the core of my body.. And it radiated throughout my entire body as I was going through this. And all I can say was that God saved me. He took the wheel. He saved my daughter. He protected us. Completely.
I can't fully explain what happened lastnight. All I know is I am here and Elle is here. And I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment