26 July, 2010

Rollercoasters

I remember when I was younger. I loved going on rollercoasters. Still do. But I specifically remember that feeling I would get while riding "The Wild Thing" at Valleyfair... Or when doing the "loop-di-loops" at Six Flags on the Superman ride. I know that feeling so well... The feeling of my stomach rising into my chest so quick, and me being a little off of my seat in the car... And then I remember going from that while I am going down a hill, to all the sudden being jolted back into my seat... Because we are going back uphill again.
I still love that feeling...

But lately it seems like that is the story of my life.. One "rollercoaster" after another. And in the Valleyfair world, it isn't such a good feeling when you are thrown up and down in spirling circles while clinging to your lunch for dear life. I feel like I am going through a tunnel and I don't know which way I am going to go next. I can't tell whether or not it will be an alright day, or a catastrophic argument that ensues.

I guess I just need to continue praying for strength, protection and direction from God.. That's all we can do when we are on a rollercoaster, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment