25 July, 2010

Mi Familia

I am sitting in my bedroom right now. Downstairs. In the ceiling of my room,I hear footsteps above me... Through my door, through the family room, up the stairs, and in the kitchen and living room, I hear laughter.. The sweet sound of my family. My entire extended family. Most people are here. A few are on their way. One is still in Alaska. But the majority of my family is here. When I am with them, I have a sense of peace. I have security, knowing that no matter what, through anything, they are going to be there. To talk to. To listen. To hug. To cry on. To laugh with. My family...
Is the best.
As I sit down here, tears come to my eyes. I can only pray that my family will be like this someday. That my grandchildren will be as many as this. I can only hope that I will always continue to hear the sounds of Charlie laughing... Or Brent freaking my dad out... I hope I can hear my grandpa say "Where's my kiss, Kelsie?" I hope that My little cousins mischievous voices will always be there. I hope that I hear Brad lecturing us all about motorcycle care... I hope the best for my entire family. I love them ALL. No matter what arguments happen, no matter when I am frustrated, I will ALWAYS love and appreciate every single one of them for what and who they are.

I love this sound.
Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment