12 July, 2010

God's astounding creation

Whenever I get frustrated, I run. And run. And run some more. Today was definitely one of those days. Nothing really went right. I was sore all day, and it definitely didn't help that I had to take an extra long lunch to try and squeeze in before the deadline for getting a passport. (The fees are going up $35 as of tomorrow) Needless to say, I was just not in the mood for anything. So when I got home, Ell was still taking a nap. So I went for a run. As I was running off my steam, I started looking around me... And really studying. And as I continued to run farther and farther, my frustrations slowly faded off in the distance.. And my mind was instead filled with all the things around me. The sound of my feet hitting the pavement. The quiet chirping of birds in the trees playing amongst themselves. The smell of fresh cut grass. And as I was running back up my road, I saw the sunset in its magnificance. Glowing orange and yellow.. All sorts of colors off in the sky.. It was as if God was saying "As the sun fades, let your frustrations fade, Kels. Cling to me. Let me be your happiness."

And let me tell ya-

it just might be working.

No comments:

Post a Comment