08 March, 2010

"If you've got the money, I've got the time."

After a long weekend, I begrudgingly went to church on Sunday. I hadn't gotten much sleep Saturday night, (Or Friday night, for that matter. Slept next to my cousin on the floor after an allergic reaction.) So needless to say, I wasn't exactly in the "God-worshipping" mood. On top of that, the pastor talked about tithing. Which is ironic to me, seeing as of March 15, I don't have a job. Sitting in that church, listening to the pastor speak on this important message, I began to shake. My heart started beating faster and faster, and I was surprised that the person sitting next to me didn't say anything. My palms got all sweaty, and as I began to get up to walk out, it hit me. Like a TON of bricks. No- TWO tons of bricks. God doesn't CARE how much or how little I make. He doesn't CARE that I don't have an income. All He cares about is that I worship Him and give him offerings of what I DO have- which He MORE than deserves- I mean, He DOES run this world on a daily basis. It's not my money anyways. It is His money that He is letting me use while I am on this earth.
When I realized this, it became a whole lot clearer. I need to be storing up my treasure in Heaven. Not wasting it on materialistic things on this earth. Even though I don't have a whole lot in the ol' bank account right now, I can ALWAYS afford to give to the One who gave life to me.

One thing I DO know is that God is magnificent in His timing and plans. And HE is the only one who I want to make happy. HE is my desire. HE is the one I care about... And HIS thoughts are what matters to me. God is faithful and just, and He will never let me down or forsake me. So sorry, Willie Nelson, I don't have the money for you, so you don't got the time for me. I'm storing it elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment